Psychiatrists located in Valley Stream, NY & Garden City, NY
In the bustling symphony of life, high achievers often find themselves at the intersection of ambition and emotional challenges — a balance I've dedicated my practice to understanding deeply. My emphasis at Jazz Psychiatry isn’t just about addressing symptoms — it's about harmonizing the rhythm of your mind, body, and spirit.
Specializing in the unique stressors and pressures that high achievers face, I fuse a multi-disciplinary approach that blends conventional psychiatry with holistic mind-body interventions, ensuring that your professional life doesn’t come at the expense of your mental health.
With an approach steeped in prevention, self-care, and individualized strategies, we'll together chart a journey that sets the tone for sustainable success and well-being. True healing emerges when we address not just the mental, but also the physical, emotional, spiritual, and environmental dimensions of one’s being.
Life Coaching Q&A
What is life coaching?
Life coaching focuses on helping you identify the goals you want to reach, whether on the job or in your personal life, and helps you create a well-defined plan to reach those goals.
As your life coach, Dr. Singh also offers insight into the challenges you face along the path toward your goal. Some of the obstacles may come from within, such as negative thinking, while others occur in your environment. No matter where your challenges lie, Dr. Singh creates strategies for overcoming each one.
When should I consider getting a life coach?
There are many reasons to seek out life coaching. You may face a major life transition — changing jobs, moving to a new city, or leaving a relationship, for example — and want the structured support of a coach.
However, many people decide to get coaching because they feel stuck in a rut, want more out of life, or want to find a more meaningful life.
It may be time to consider life coaching when you:
- Feel lost or confused about what you want in life
- Have a goal or vision but no idea how to make it happen
- Decide it’s time to change your profession
- Need to improve your mental or physical health
- Feel unfilled in your personal or social life
- Are unsatisfied with your job
- Feel constantly stressed or anxious
- Need to boost your self-confidence
Any time you need a better map for moving forward, a life coach can help.
What skills might I develop with life coaching?
There are no limitations or guidelines that define the types of skills you can gain during life coaching. The skills you develop depend on your goals.
During life coaching, you can learn how to:
- Overcome self-doubt
- Identify and build on your strengths
- Identify and pursue your life’s passion
- Break bad habits or self-destructive behaviors
- Build productive work relationships
- Nurture healthy personal relationships
- Use positive psychology to enhance your life
- Improve your time management skills
- Successfully navigate life transitions
- Break through the fears holding you back
The goal of life coaching is to help you learn the skills necessary to attain success in all aspects of your life.
One of the great benefits of life coaching is that Dr. Singh provides a new perspective on your problems. As a holistic psychiatrist, he also identifies and helps you overcome patterns of behavior that interfere with your personal and professional success.
To learn how life coaching can help you, call Jazz Psychiatry or book an appointment online today.